Class 03 || English || Ch. 12 THE STORY OF THE ROAD

Class 3 English Ch. 12 THE STORY OF THE ROAD

BOOK SOLVED

Page No 59:

Question 1:

newspaper    cucumbers    cabbag    potatoes     radish     cauliflower     foolish

Answer

1) Newspaper: printed publication containing news, articles and advertisements 

2) Cucumbers: a long green skinned fruit 

3) Cabbage: a type of vegetable 

4) Potatoes: a starchy vegetable usually round in shape 

5) Radish: a small root, eaten raw with salad 

6) Cauliflower: a cabbage with small white flower buds 

7) Foolish: unwise 

Page No 60:

Reading is Fun
1. What sounds do you hear on the road in the morning?
Ans. We hear the sounds of birds, newspaper boy, vegetable man, school going children, etc. on the road In the morning.


2. What is the vegetable man selling?
Ans. The vegetable man is selling peas, cauliflowers, potatoes, radishes, carrots, cabbages, etc.


3. Why is the road annoyed with the crow?
Ans. The road is annoyed with the crow because he is waking up the road again and again but the road is already awake.

Page No 60:

Question 1:

1. Stop, Look and Listen 

Stop, Look and Listen 

Before you cross the street. 

Use your eyes, use your ears 

And then use your feet. 

Talk about how you would cross the road.

Ans

We should cross the road from zebra crossing.


2. Can you make the sounds which you hear when you walk on the road? Talk about them.

Ans. Yes, I can. Some of them are the sounds of tires and wheels like ‘zooo-zooo’ and dogs barking on the streets like ‘bow-bow’.


3. Use can and cannot alternatively in the following sentences: I ______________ hear the sound of cars. 

I ______________ hear the train whistle. 

I ______________ hear the wind blow. 

I ______________ hear the clock. 

I ______________ hear the sound of feet. 

I ______________ hear the sound of moving of chairs. 

I ______________ hear the dogs barking.

Talk Time
1.Use can and cannot alternatively in the following sentences: ‘can’ and ‘cannot’
Ans.I cannot hear the train whistle.
I can hear the wind blow.
I cannot hear the clock.
I can hear the sound of feet.
I cannot hear the sound of moving of chairs.
I can hear the dogs barking.

Page No 61:

Question 1:

Let’s sing

The Bus’

The wheels on the bus go round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round. The wheels on the bus go round, round, round. all through the town. The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep… The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish… The money on the bus goes clink, clink, clink… The babies on the bus go waa, waa, waa… The driver on the bus says, “Move on back”… The bell on the bus goes ding, ding, ding… The windows on the bus go up and down.

Answer

‘The Bus’

The wheels on the bus go round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round. The wheels on the bus go round, round, round. all through the town. The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep… The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish… The money on the bus goes clink, clink, clink… The babies on the bus go waa, waa, waa.. The driver on the bus says, “Move on back”… The bell on the bus goes ding, ding, ding… The windows on the bus go up and down.

Page No 61:

Question 1:

Let’s Act

The Race
I am going home in a bus.

There is a railway line alongside the road.

Look, there is a train coming.
I tell the bus driver, “Go fast!
Go faster than the train!”
But the driver slows down.
There is a railway gate.
“I must stop,” says the driver

The train whistles loudly.

“I am first!” it says.


Teamam Time
1.Look at the picture and write four sentences about what you see.


Ans. 

1. I can see a tree.

2. I can see an ambulance moving on the road.

3. I can see different types of vehicles running on the road.

4. I can see a zebra crossing.

5. I can see a bird.

6. I can see sea water along the side of the road. 

Post a Comment