Class 03 || English || Ch. 15 What’s in the Mailbox?


Class 3 

English 

Ch. 15 – What’s in the Mailbox?

Page No 77:

Question 1:

letters    always    never    though

Answer

1) Letters: a printed communication 

2) Always: at all times 

3) Never: at no time 

4) Though: but 

Page No 78:

1. Who does the postman bring letters for?

Ans. The postman brings letters for the child’s mom and dad.


2. Does the child ever get a letter?

Ans. NoThe child never gets a letter.


3. What does the child decide to do?

Ans. The child decide to write letters to his friends.

Page No 78:

1. Have you written letters?

Ans. Yes, I have written letters.

2. Who have you written to?

Ans. I have written to my friends.

3. Who would you like to write to today? How?

Ans. I would like to write to my grandfather because I have not seen him past two years.

Page No 79:

Question 1:

Read this letter carefully. 

Devu has written a letter to his grandfather thanking him for a birthday gift.

H.No. 1792, 

Darya Ganj 

New Delhi 110 007


25 January 2006


Dear Grandfather

Thank you for the beautiful book of Panchatantra stories. You will be happy to know that I read one story every day.

With Love Devu


Page No 79:

1. Now write a letter to your friend, telling him/her about your school. You can use some of these words: classroom, children, bell, blackboard, teacher building.

Ans. H. No 509

West Vinod Nagar

Delhi – 110092

25 September, 2020

Dear Rahul,

Today I am going to tell you about my school. my school is beautiful school. My school has a very big building. It has 3000 children and 60 classrooms. In every classrooms, there is a smart board. In my school, there are 75 teachers. They are well qualified and teach us very nicely. result of our school is always hundred percent.

I like my school very much.

Your lovingly

Vinjeet

Type Here
NCERT Solutions (6-12)
 
NCERT Solutions (1-5)
 
Online Tution
 
Blog
 
Videos
HOME
NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English Chapter 15 – What’s in the Mailbox?
Home
Class 3
English
Chapter 15 – What’s in the Mailbox?
Page No 77:
Question 1:
letters    always    never    though

Answer
1) Letters: a printed communication Example sentences: 1) I get letters from my relatives monthly. 2) The letters were scented.

2) Always: at all times Example sentences: 1) I always do my homework on time. 2) He always comes on time.

3) Never: at no time Example sentences: 1) I never lie to my parents. 2) I never dance in front of my friends.

4) Though: but Example sentences: 1) I passed in exam, though not scored much. 2) He came to class, though he wasn’t well.

Page No 78:
Question 1:
Who does the postman bring letters for?
Does the child ever get a letter?
What does the child decide to do?
Answer
1) The postman brings letters for the child’s parents.

2) No, the child never got a single letter.

3) The child decides to write some letters to his friends.

Page No 78:
Question 1:
Have you written letters?
Who have you written to?
Who would you like to write to today? Why?
Read this letter carefully. Devu has written a letter to his grandfather thanking him for a birthday gift.

H.No. 1792, Darya Ganj New Delhi 110 007

25 January 2006

Dear Grandfather

Thank you for the beautiful book of Panchatantra stories. You will be happy to know that I read one story every day.

With Love Devu

Answer
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own personal experiences and observations.

1) Yes, I have written letters.

2) I have written letters to my grandparents.

3) I would like to write a letter to my friend. It is because I have not seen him past two years.

Page No 79:
Question 1:
Read this letter carefully. Devu has written a letter to his grandfather thanking him for a birthday gift.

H.No. 1792, Darya Ganj New Delhi 110 007

25 January 2006

Dear Grandfather

Thank you for the beautiful book of Panchatantra stories. You will be happy to know that I read one story every day.

With Love Devu

Now write a letter to your friend, telling her about your school. You can use some of these words:

classrooms children bell blackboard teacher building
Answer
Disclaimer: This is a sample answer. Students are advised to write the answer based on your own personal experiences.

H.no 304, Shubham Enclave New Delhi 110 007

20 August 2014

Dear Ria,

Hope you are doing well. I have taken admission in a new school. I have so much to share about my school with you. It has a huge building of white colour. My school has about 50 classrooms. They all have a green board in it to write on. The teachers are very friendly and helpful. They love all the students equally.

Visit me soon, so as I can take you along with me to the school. You will love it.

With love Sushant

Page No 79:
Question 1:
Activity: Let’s make an envelope and post our letter too!

1. Take a square piece of paper. 
2. Fold all the four corners to make folds. 
3. Fold two corners and paste them with a little glue. 
4. Fold the third corner and paste it with glue. 
5. Leave the fourth corner open. 
Write the address neatly on the envelope and fix the stamp on the right corner. Put the letter inside it. Now seal the fourth corner as well. Your letter is ready to be posted to your friend.

AnswerPageuestion 1:
Here are some people who help us. Let us try matching.

Ans. (i) A postman brings our letters.

(ii) A cobbler mends our shoes.

(iii) A librarian works in a library.

(iv) A driver drives a motor vehicle.

(v) A dramatist writes play.

(vi) A teacher teaches in a school.

(vii) A nurse looks after patients.

(viii) A musician plays musical instruments.

(ix) An astronaut travels in a space craft.

(x) A clown makes people laugh.



Post a Comment