Class 03 || English || Ch. 20 SHIP OF THE DESERT

Class 3 
English 
Ch 20 SHIP OF THE DESERT
 

Page No 103:

Question 1:

Ship of the Desert    miles    King of the Forest    sand    thorns

Answer

1) Ship of the Desert: another name for a camel 

2) Miles: a very long way 

3) King of the Forest: another name for a lion 

4) Sand: tiny grains of rock 

5) Thorns:   a small sharp pointed tip 

Page No 104:

Question 1:

Q. 1. Why is the Camel called the ship of the desert?
Ans. Camel is called the ship of the Desert because he can walk even on hot afternoons on the burning sand easily. 
He is able to live without food and water in the desert for many days.
Q. 2. For how many weeks can a Camel store food in its jump?
Ans. A Camel can store food for over two weeks in its hump.

Q. 3. What does the Camel eat in the desert?
Ans. A camel eats thorny bushes in the desert.

Q. 4. Choose the right answer.

(i) Name the ship of the desert.
(a) lion (b) crab (c) camel (d) tiger

(ii) Name the king of the forest.
(a) lion (b) owl (c) monkey (d) crocodile

(iii) The feet of the camel are
(a) thick and padded (b) long and fat (c) thick and fat (d) thin and padded

(iv) There are no rivers or lakes in
(a) plains (b) mountains (c) plateaus (d) deserts

(v) At a time a camel can drink
(a) 200 bottles of water (b) 400 bottles of water (c) 100 bottles of water (d) 300 bottles of water

(vi) A camel stores its food in its (a) stomach (b) hump (c) legs (d) lips
Ans. 4
(i) (c) Camel
(ii) (a) Lion
(iii) (a) Thick and padded
(iv) (d) Deserts
(v) (a) 200 bottles of water
(vi) (b) (b) hump

Page No 105:

Question 1:

5. Make as many words as you can from within the given words.
Ans. 

(i) ROARING:    IN      RAN     ROAR

(ii) FROWNING: 
IN,    INK,    FROG,    ROW,  OWN

(iii) BLINKING:   
IN,   INN    INK,   LINK  KING

(iv) WONDERINGLY: 
 ON    RED   WONDER     RING     WON

6. Match the pictures with the words given:

Match the pictures with the words given below

tusk     beak     mane     whiskers

hoof     feet      fin          paw

Ans.




Mane



Paw



Hoof



Beak



Feet



Whiskers





Tusk

Page No 106:

Question 1:


Look at the goats in the picture and write about them.

Ans
(i) Once two goats were coming from the opposite sides. They meet in the middle of a bridge of log wood over a river. Both asked each other to move back. 
(ii) This was not possible, to cross the river at the same time from the log bridge and No-one was ready to move back. They both started fighting with each other.
(iii) As a result, both of them lose balance and fell from the bridge into the river. 

Page No 107:
Question 1:

Read these words aloud, paying attention to their spellings.

IEyeOurHour
WeekWeakNeedKnead
InInnSeeSea
NoKnowHereHear
NotKnotEightAte
OfOffTwoToo
ByeBy

Ans. 
(i) I – Eye: 
I => I am a boy.
Eye => I have two eyes.

(ii) Our – Hour: 
Our => Our country is India.
Hour => I walk one hour daily.

(iii) Week -Weak: 
Week => There are 7 days in a week.
Weak => I am too weak in mathematics.

(iv) Need – Knead: 
Need => I need good health.
Knead => My mother kneads flour in the kitchen.

(v) In – Inn: 
In => My teacher is in the class.
Inn => Yesterday, I visit an inn.

(vi) See – Sea: 
See => I will see you.
Sea => I never see a sea.

(vii) No – Know: 
No => I have no money.
Know => I do not know him.

(viii) Here – Hear: 
Here => I am sitting here since morning.
Hear => Sorry, he cannot hear your.

(ix) Not – Knot: 
Not => I should not tease anybody.
Knot => I tied a knot in the rope.

(x) Eight – Ate: 
Eight => I have eight pens.
Ate => I ate my lunch now.

(xi) Of – Off
Of => Camel is the ship of the desert.
Off => Switch off the fan, Please.

(xii) Two – Too 
Two => I have two hands.
Too => I too week in maths.

(xiii) Bye – By: 
Bye => Good bye my dear friend.
By => I go to school by bus. 

Post a Comment