Class 03 || English || Ch. 10 THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY

Class 3 

English 

Ch. 10 THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY

BOOK SOLVED


Page No 49:

Question 1:

escape   pond   peach    climb   catch   middle   hungry    float    shout   chase    flutter   twist

Answer

1) Escape: to run away 

2) Pond: a small body of water 

3) Peach: name of a yellow juicy fruit 

4) Climb: to go up 

5) Catch: to hold something that has been thrown 

6) Middle: at an equal distance of something 

7) Hungry: need for food 

8) Float: to move slowly or lightly in a liquid 

9) Shout: to utter a loud cry 

10) Chase: to catch up with .

11) Flutter: to flap the wings quickly and lightly 

12) Twist: form into a bent 


Reading is Fun
1.Where did Sonu first see the yellow butterfly?
Ans. Sonu first saw the yellow butterfly flying in his garden.


2. Name three places where the butterfly rested.
Ans. The butterfly rested on red rose, white lotus, and peach tree.


3.Why did Sonu chase the butterfly?
Ans. Sonu chased the butterfly to catch it because it looked very beautiful.


4. Why did Sonu let the butterfly go?
Ans. Sonu let the butterfly go because it looked sad in his hand and Sonu wanted to see it happy.


Talk Time
1.If you were a butterfly, how would you feel, if you were caught?
Ans. If I were a butterfly, I would feel very sad if I were caught.


2. Why did the butterfly go to the flowers in the garden?
Ans. The butterfly went to the flowers in the garden to take rest and  to suck the flowers’s nectar from them as it is their food.


Let’s Write
1.Write the sentences in proper order using these words to help you:
ncert-solutions-class-3-english-unit-5-4
1.Finally, I dress up and go to school.
2.Then I brush my teeth and have a bath.
3.First of all, I get out of bed.
4. After this I eat my breakfast.

Ans.

1.First of all, I get out of bed.
2.Then I brush my teeth and have a bath.
3.After this I eat my breakfast.
4.Finally, I dress up and go to school.

Page No 50:

Question 1:

Activity: Paper fun Let’s make a butterfly.

1. Take a sheet of paper. Cut two squares of the same size.

2. Fold them like a fan.

3. Hold both the folded squares and tie a thread in the middle. 

4. Now spread the folds, and the wings of your butterfly are ready.
5. Cut the body of the butterfly and draw its eyes. Put a smile on its face.
6. Stick it on the wings and your 
butterfly is ready.
7. You may decorate your butterfly by sticking some bindis, beads or sequins on it.

Word Building
1.Make two words from one word. One has been done for you.
ncert-solutions-class-3-english-unit-5-5
Ans. 

everywhere       every     where
inside                 in           side
outside              out         side
sunlight             sun         light


Post a Comment